My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Poem: Him


of all your offspring
I don't know much
but the one that I do know,
Dear Sir,
is best described: an intricate
work of art

I said: I've lost mine
But you were not labeled 'lost'

Dear Sir,
you and I
have much in common:
your wonder, captured from another realm
and mine remains vivid in the eyes of my mind-
that is but one.
the sort of laugh that includes
an interlude-
I imagine that it sent your soul soaring
when it was first shared,
as you know, Dear Sir,
it did mine.
How refreshed one can feel,
unmatched to another emotion,
witnessing, receiving wisdom
from so enlightened a source.
I know, as you know,
Dear Sir.

Many similarities are there,
many shared awes-
possible through this gift,
though one is greater than the rest- I have to note:
for while we yearn from afar
hear from afar
delight from afar,
wanting more-
this
is all.
to respect is to accept.

I think:
at least you see

I think:
at least you experience

I think:
I am alive

I think:
You are passed

I think:
I'd be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment