My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Monday 2 June 2014

The Liebster Award

Imagine my surprise when I logged into my account today and came to learn that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, and by the talented Alysdc from www.80000words.blogspot.com, no less (I am such a fan of her work- do check it out). I am touched and thrilled, to say the least.
I have not been blogging for very long, but have had the most wonderful experiences interacting with other writers, as well as the opportunity to publish what I write instead of just storing it in notebooks that collect dust in closets.

Moving along...

1. Eleven Random Facts:

1. I could read when I was three years old (not fluently, but quite well).
2. I have recently become fond of classical music.
3. I have become unexpectedly and surprisingly addicted to American Horror Story.
4. Many people would describe me as cold and detached, but I am, in truth, an extremely caring person.
5. I am Red Hot Chili Peppers Number One Fan!!!
6. Alanis Morrissette's lyrics are, in my opinion, something quite close to genius.
7. I wish that I had started blogging years ago.
8. I believe in Reincarnation.
9. I would love to make music someday.
10. My friends and family do not know very much about me.
11. I have a pet dog.

2. Alys' Questions:

1. When is your favourite time of the day?
It would have to be very late at night or very early hours of the morning when it feels like I am the only person who is awake in the whole world.

2. What is your favourite comfort food?
Really hot curry and rice, or a huge slab of chocolate.

3. What do you hope to achieve in the next year?
I would like to finish my manuscript, write a lot more poems, and make more progress in becoming a writer who can live off writing.

4. How did you get into blogging?
I got into blogging when I was writing and finding it difficult to get feedback or even simply sharing my writing because most of the people surrounding me were just not into literature. I did some online reading and found a whole new world, and was instantly hooked :)

5. Who's your biggest blogging inspiration?
So far, it would have to be Alys (the same person who nominated me), simply because I love her work, plus she posts consistently, which is great for someone who likes reading as much as I do (new content).

6. Would you rather take a risk or play it safe?
I love to take risks, but always with a certain measure of safety.

7. Where would you like to go in the world?
I would love to go to Italy and to Amsterdam.

8. What was your weirdest dream about?
I always have weird dreams. My weirdest one was about a midget who lived in a tree, and in the dream he was my best friend.

9. What film makes you cry?
August Rush (without fail) and The Lion King (we all know which part, I would think haha).

10. A book you can quote in any situation:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

11. An unanswerable question you would like answered?
What really happens when one dies?

And I nominate:

I am not sure how many I can nominate who if I can nominate the person who nominated me (since she really is amazing in my opinion)...

1. Adri Guinart- I truly love the poetry.
2. Passionme- I am not sure of her name but I love her writing. She hasn't posted in a little while but there's something raw about her writing that I just love.
3. Alysdc- I don't think I need to say much more as I have ranted about her talents so much in this post already- she is just inspirational :)
4. Anna- I took part in her blog par-tay the other day and took a look around her blog, and truly loved what I saw
5. Nada- her posts are much like diary inserts/extracts, which I love.
6. The Always Believer- Her entries give a feeling of hope somehow...

My Questions:

1. Can you pinpoint what it was that got you start writing, and what was it?
2. Do you use musical influences when writing?
3. What is your ultimate goal in life?
4. What band/artist is your favourite and why?
5. What would you say is your best and worst personality traits?
6. Are you more introverted or extroverted?
7. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
8. What is your favourite book?
9. What is your favourite film?
10. What song touched you the most?
11. Do you compare yourself to other people?

Thank you so much for the nomination Alys - you know how much this means to me :)

- Yentl. T. De Luna

     

No comments:

Post a Comment