My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Poem: Lie-for-you Love


When I write poetry, I find the words best suited for the image in my mind and the emotions in my heart and soul, connecting them almost effortlessly; they just make sense to me.
Breaking down what I am trying to say is not as easy. I guess that the poem takes all of what I mean and just perfectly sums it up, and so I can only hope that you, as the reader, can connect to it just as well.
This poem is about being in a relationship with a person who requires their partner to be strong and stable while they are drain the life from them from being the total opposite; it's from the partner's perspective (the one who is being strong and stable).
I hope that you will enjoy:

Lie-for-you Love

There is simply no answer to your pitiful questions.
I cannot reply
For therein shall I only betray what I feel
In my endless attempts to save you
from heartache

Cumbersome exchanges between these four walls.
Between you and I
Monotonous reassurances that all is well
in this weary, shattered farce of a love
I did not have to break

My refusal to play into your wounded needs.
Into your lie,
exhausted from making penance for faults, grievances-
for sins that are not mine, and the blame
am I unwilling to take

This need of yours to be more tainted.
My stolen cry
Careful tip-toeing on the cracked ice of our life
Sobbed and empty promises murmured to close the holes
or risk falling into this deathly lake

It's as if I have ceased being a person.
Foolish to question why
with this gnawing knowing; I played into this
Sacrificing myself to keep you secure
when my sanity was at stake.

- Yentl. T. De Luna




No comments:

Post a Comment