My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Thursday 12 June 2014

Poem: It's Like...


Unfortunately, I cannot give an in-depth (or even slight) description or meaning of this poem, as it is just something that I have felt and have decided to write on.
Allow it to mean to you what it will.

It's like nobody's here anymore
You know, with me-
and this infected, sinking feeling pushes up,
from an invisible hole
hidden by the skin that covers by belly

It's like there's only an ellipsis,
when I think-
a sum of things to ponder, to say
still, nothing legitimate
only three inked dots on a meter-long canvas

It's like I would howl,
say: care for me!
Perceiving deficiency; eager to be pleasing
Albeit I've been assured, but-
my mind cannot find rest with mere words

It's like a drop
Perhaps a tear of mine-
collapsing on the calm lake's surface
my trouble in contaminated ripples,
folds of salty pity, always far-reaching

It's like the immaculate deception,
as it is not so.
The supposed inabilities and insufficiency-
belongs only to me, mentally-
along with the struggle to accept their love

It's like...
being ones own enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment