My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Friday 9 May 2014

A poem: To my Deceased Mother for Mothers Day



 

I pour the depths of this fragile soul out

To You

Queen of my life, ever-deserving

Cascading, eternity of rooted devotion

Immortal liquid salt on these moist cheekbones

So like yours

My relentless yearning

 

Found in the delicate rustles of autumn leaves

Seeking you

Pursuing warmth, in your bosom

Asphyxiated, liberated by your essence

Inhalation of incarcerated emancipation of you

In my chest

Annihilate the burning

 

I envisage taking those frail fingers and entwining them

In mine

Oh sweet Mother, the desire of-

Daintily, endlessly whirling to the painless chimes

In the enthralling melody of your childlike giggles

Gracing my ears

Impending turbulence churning

 

I open my aching fingers, watch as you go

So gracefully

My elegant butterfly, always returning

Fluttering, ever hovering in my solitary omission

Present, absent in entirety, physical inability

Still able to conceive-

Love, I am but learning

 
Yentl. T. De Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment