My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Friday 9 May 2014

A poem: "Pray, Say, Scream, Cry, Murmur" by Yentl. T. De Luna



i pray, let it come
yet, i want it not
i believe not in prayer
for too many times
have my words not gone
beyond my bedroom ceiling

i say, let it go
yet, i want it near
no truth can be found
in my words or the spaces
inbetween them, the lies
i utter while kneeling

i scream, i care not
yet, they know i do
and my passion is transparent
giving me away
hidden behind nakedness
for ironically, it is not as revealing

i cry: You've broken me!
yet, it's no secret
the cracks are old
the glue had dried
so i am together, in pieces
sparking interest rather than feeling

i murmur, i shall survive
yet, it has become a cliché
for are we all not surviving?
the point is to live
not crawl from one end to the next
awaiting better days
when halfway through we stop believing

2 comments:

  1. "I cry: you've broken me! yet, it's no secret.. the cracks are old, the glue has dried, so I am together, in pieces".... I love these lines cos well, I relate. :)

    "the point is to live" now this line specifically stood out for me and it's probably my favorite. It adds a deeper meaning and presents a totally different dimension as to what living really means. It makes me think of destiny, purpose, and forging my own path. I love it! I love this poem. it's enlightening! and that is the whole point, I think. I also liked the use of irony, tho I don't think I got it as much. *scratching head* :) I love your work yentl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I get it! a conflict between what we say we feel, and what we really feel. what inspired this poem?

    ReplyDelete