My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Wednesday 14 May 2014

A Poem: Remain Dear



Remain Dear

In this lonely dark hour of night

Hold tight

To those precious moments

You spent on the garden swing

Laughing heartily, forgetting everything

 

Go numb to the past and its’ skeletons

Adult’s sins

That stained your clean hands

Forever stunting your emotional stability

Causing you to feel irreversibly ugly

 

While your chest heaves and trembles,

Know it resembles

That you are still alive

In this thought, search the meaning

Of your existence, instead of fleeing

 

Patiently await the quiet and calm

Before inflicting harm

Within the confines of your bedroom

Release your pains on an object-

Not yourself; for you are deserving of respect

 

Your immortal torment through endless loss

Will be your cross

For as long as you wish it to be

Pay homage, remembering, but letting go

Stand not with one foot in today, another in tomorrow

 

Be strong, dear friend, do not fear

Remain dear

To yourself- throughout life’s storms

Love yourself, do not conform or bend

Find your worth in being your own best friend

 

-          Yentl. T. De Luna

 

2 comments:

  1. Yentl... where do I even begin!!! this poem is too relevant to every female out there going thru some sort of struggle. it resonates wisdom and strength that can only be drawn from experience. That's why it's soo relatable and encouraging. I love it!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Adah :)
    Your comment is encouraging.
    I hope to see more from you and your writing, too :)

    ReplyDelete