My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Monday 29 September 2014

Mirage

i'm found
Discovered in the midst of burning flames
where i died
After failing all i'd tried

There were layers-
films of countless facades, to camouflage
my true self
Coatings of protective filth

Each mask removed
Shrinking into the shadows, fearing exposure;
my soul breaks
at the tender patience it takes

'You're not alone',
Urgently whispered, hoarse with tears.
To be uncertain,
following lifetimes of being a burden

A liquid reflection
of myself, drowning in the iris's of his eyes
puzzled in ponderous
internal conflict, versus ignorant bliss

my hopeful heart,
soaring at the mere possibility, presented
that I may find
what I never believed should be mine

Casting doubt aside,
the leap is taken in feverish haste,
for mirages fade
at dusk's first threat of shade

A flower, wilted-
yet still able to be loved, to life
in a careful rush,
to flourish under only but the Founder's touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment