My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

My thoughts, my life, my world- in words

Thursday 17 July 2014

Poem: Shut Out


Expressions, through words-
I say what I feel,
but I am still shut out.

Clots of agony-
showing me what's real;
provide proof of what I'm about.

Confusion that's personal-
a series of private ordeals,
so many, I'm afraid, I've lost count.

Organizations of 'knowledge' -
sermons of counsel as I kneel,
while my internal voices continue to shout.

Negotiations of mistrust-
the closing of a dangerous deal,
mock pleasantries laced with doubt.

Silent cries and screams-
Unable to escape my mind's seal,
the starvation of being without.

Meaningless promises of salvation-
Patiently awaiting the turn of Karma's wheel,
to serve on him this draught.

My solemn retreat into darkness-
to where they no longer can steal
my soul as it was my entire life, throughout.

An existence, only mine-
In isolation, the fragility I reveal,
for once out, one cannot again be shut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment